6 Signs That It’s Time To Re-Do Your Epoxy Bar Top
Epoxy can do so many great things for a bar top, but from time to time, it needs a little refreshing. Epoxy is a material that will not break down or wear away over time, like other materials such as wood. Epoxy also has the potential to make your bar top look better than it ever has before! You know this because you've already coated it once. But did you know that a fresh coat of bar top epoxy can make your bar look like new again?
Epoxy works its magic by filling in any small cracks and imperfections that may be present on the surface of your existing epoxy. An epoxide coat is very thick and protective, and re-doing it every few years is a great way to maintain its thickness, and ensure a longer life for your bar surface.
Here are our 6 signs we believe show that it's time to re-do your epoxy bar top:
- Your Epoxy Bar Top Is Starting To Crack: Epoxy surfaces are much easier to crack and damage than other materials. Epoxies can't handle the drastic changes in temperature that most bars experience during a busy night, including heat from cooking equipment or even the body warmth of your guests!
- Your Epoxy Bar Top Is Starting To Be Discolored: As epoxies age they become brittle, and that can let in enough outside substances to cause discoloration. If you start seeing this discoloration, it's a clear sign your bar top needs a new epoxy coat. Refreshing the coat can do wonders as far as discoloring goes.
- Your Epoxy Bar Top Is Starting To Get Stained: If your bar top is starting to stain, it's time for a new coat of epoxy. An epoxy bar top can't handle the kind of staining that comes from spilled drinks or even regular water exposure over long periods of time. A new application will help keep these stains from happening, and it's a quick and easy fix that will save you lots of money and headaches in the long run.
- Your Epoxy Bar Top Is Less Shiny: When you start to notice that the shine is getting a little dull, it's time to think about refreshing your epoxied surface with another coat of product. Epoxy lasts a long time and will continue to look shiny for a while, however, nothing beats the eye test. If it looks a bit dull to you, it's time for a re-do of your epoxy bar top. The difference in shine will be noticeable on DAY ONE!
- You Want to Add Some Color: One of the most fun ways you can update an old bar top is to pigment some epoxy creatively and add it as a fresh coat. Many bar owners will also add some creativity by putting photos or coasters under the new coat to add to the look of the bar top. No matter what you choose, there's no wrong choice when it comes to creativity. It's easy to do and will make your bar look fun, new, and clean right out of the gate.
- You Want a Thicker Epoxy Coating: Over time, epoxy needs to be reapplied in order for it to stick and remain shiny. You may also find that your first epoxy bar top coating was applied a bit too thin, or that it showed signs of wear too quickly. Adding another thicker layer of epoxy can help postpone wear and tear for longer, leaving you with less to worry about, and a bar that shines under any conditions.
How to Get the Best Epoxy Bar Top Coating Online
Thankfully, ordering commercial-grade epoxy for bar tops or tabletops is easier than ever, especially when you buy online. UltraClear offers some of the largest, most versatile selection of epoxy products on the market, and each and every one is available for purchase in just a matter of clicks. Whether you need epoxy for a home bar or a large commercial bar/restaurant, UltraClear has got you covered. There are large sizes available to ship, and each product is rated highly for commercial use.
If you're looking for the best epoxy coating that will make your bar look new again, UltraClear is the only option. You simply can't pass up this opportunity to refresh your bar top's durability and longevity with a coat of our clear high-performance epoxy. Plus, it looks amazing! Order yours online today, and don’t hesitate to contact us here, or call us directly at 1-800-997-0459