Ultra Clear Marine Epoxy - Fast Cure
Bonds with fiberglass, metals, wood, and composite fabrics while featuring superb strength, durability, and moisture resistance. Ultra Clear Marine Epoxy Resin cures to a high-strength solid, suitable for laminating, bonding, fairing, coating, and reinforcing. Its self-leveling properties are ideal for coating and laminating, and its natural viscosity is excellent for wetting out fiberglass cloth and other reinforcement fabrics easily.
Use this versatile marine epoxy resin to complete a number of boat building, repair, and restoration projects.
- Makes a strong filleting or fairing compound or adhesive.
- Exceptional thin-film characteristics provide smooth flow-out and self-leveling traits that are ideal for coating and laminating.
- Easy to measure and mix using pre-calibrated Epoxy Pumps (sold separately), or by volume.
- Easy to apply by brush, roller, syringe, spreader, or by pouring onto wood, fiberglass, reinforcement fabrics, etched aluminum, bare steel, and lead.
BONDS TO THESE MATERIALS
- Reinforcement Fabrics
- Etched Aluminum
- Bare Steel
- High-Strength Solid
- Simple to Measure & Mix
- Cures Amber
- Easily Sand and Shape
ULTRA CLEAR EPOXY FAST HARDENER
Fast Hardener is a perfect solution for applications requiring quick working time and for use in cooler climates (Recommended for use within 60°F - 70°F).
- Minimum recommended temperature (Fast Hardener): 60°F
- In cooler temperatures, the Marine Epoxy Resin/Fast Hardener mixture remains workable to give you adequate time for application, and it speeds up cure time.
- The recommended temperature for use and dispensing via pump: 60°F - 70°F
- Pot life at 70°F: 12 minutes (Fast Hardener)
- Set time at 70°F (thin film): 6 hours
- Cure time at 70°F (thin film): 1 to 4 days
- Hardener Color: Dark Amber
For applications performed in warmer temperatures of 80°F or higher that require more working time, use our Ultra Clear Slow Marine Epoxy, which has an extended working time (pot life) of 30 minutes.
SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH EASY-USE MARINE GRADE EPOXY RESIN
Any watercraft that is subject to at least occasional use will suffer wear and tear over time. Having professionals handle the appropriate maintenance on these vehicles can be costly and awkward to schedule. Instead, it’s often more convenient and cost-efficient to handle the maintenance yourself, which you can accomplish with our Marine Grade Epoxy Resin.
WHY USE MARINE GRADE EPOXY RESIN FOR BOAT MAINTENANCE?
Many boats, ships, and similar water vessels are constructed with polyester resin. Polyester is a midrange resin that is cheaper but less resilient than higher quality resins like epoxy. This can be suitable when a vessel is first constructed, but for repairs, it’s better to use high quality epoxy.
Marine epoxy resin is a two-part epoxy that develops a stronger bond than polyester and provides greater resistance to moisture, corrosion, and physical impact. Additionally, it doesn’t shrink as much when curing, which means less strain on any substrate it bonds with.
HOW MARINE GRADE EPOXY RESIN DIFFERS FROM OTHER RESINS:
Medium viscosity - Marine grade epoxy resin is self-leveling, suitable for coating and laminating. It can be used for reinforcement and wetting to create composite materials like fiberglass cloth.
Strong curing bonds - As with other types of epoxy, marine grade epoxy develops a highly resilient bond when curing, especially with materials like wood, metal, and fiberglass. It has high resistance to physical impacts, moisture, and corrosion.
An amber hued finish - Marine grade epoxy has a light amber hue once cured. This can be sanded down and painted as desired.
Note: Marine grade epoxy is not intended to be used as a clear-coating resin. For that, you’ll want our Ultra Clear Table Top Epoxy.
Always wear protective clothing and equipment to protect your eyes, skin, and lungs when working with Ultra Clear Marine Epoxy Resin and Hardeners. Personal protective clothing should include appropriate gloves, safety glasses or goggles, a respirator, and protective clothing.
*Please note: Ultra Clear Marine Epoxy is not meant for clear-coating, table top, countertop, or art applications. Please see our Table Top Epoxy for those types of applications.
TWO SIZES AVAILABLE
- 1 Gallon Kit comes with 1 gallon of resin and 25.32 ounces of hardener.
- 1 Quart Kit includes 1 quart of resin and 6.4 ounces of hardener.