6 Incredible Pieces You Can Create With Deep Pour Epoxy
Deep pour epoxy is a type of epoxy that can be used for various home projects, commercial projects, and art pieces. It's an industrial-strength, high-performance adhesive, which means it will take on any task you give it. This blog post will focus on seven deep pour epoxy projects to help inspire you and get creative with your deep pour epoxy. We'll go over what deep pour epoxy is, how it works, and the many different types of things people make from it.
6 Creative Pieces You Can Make With Deep Pour Epoxy
1) Casting Art: There are a lot of different sculptures and art pieces you can make with the help of deep pour epoxy. Deep pour epoxy is great for deep pour molding because it's so durable, strong, and waterproof. These deep pour casts are used for framing, sculpting, or even making useful household items like vases, but with an artful, creative twist. There's lots you can do when you cast deep pour epoxy.
2) Making Kitchen Items: Deep pour epoxy is amazing for making deep pour molds that can be used to create unique and artistic kitchen items. For example, you can use deep pour molding to make gorgeous wine glasses or beautiful dishes. These are great personalized gifts, too!
3) Bartop Coverings: One of the most common pieces made with deep pour epoxy is a clear cover for a bar. For example, deep pour epoxy is very useful for creating a bartop covering that will protect the bar from scratches and spills. It's also waterproof, which means it can easily be cleaned. Many people choose to take advantage of this to decorate the bar underneath the epoxy and preserve it with the cover.
4) River Table: Again, since deep pour epoxy is waterproof, it allows for some very unique projects when it comes to water. A river table is one of the more fun examples. River tables have running water flowing through them, with the deep pour epoxy finish protecting the wood from moisture, and subsequently mold and rot. This is a great idea for a project for a new home or a new restaurant.
5) Coat of Arms: If you're more interested in deep pour epoxy projects for your home, creating a coat of arms is something that can be very fun and artistic. First, draw a rough design on paper to get an idea of what it will look like when finished. Then use deep pour epoxy to fill the entire space before removing any excess from the top with spackle knives. Finally, sand down each part until smooth so they all fit together perfectly. Add finishing touches using paintbrushes or airbrushes.
6) Benches: Whether it's for the patio, the park, or your home, deep pour epoxy can help you make a durable, versatile bench that will last for years, even under the elements. First, you want to create a form for the deep pour epoxy. To do this, build some small boxes that fit together in an L shape and tape them all together with duct tape. Then place it upright into the desired location where your bench will be situated so when deep pour epoxy is poured over it, it can support its weight.
Make sure there are no cracks or holes in between any of the pieces because deep pour epoxy does not adhere well to concrete without something helping brace up against it for strength like wood or cardboard would provide since they're more porous. After pouring deep pour epoxy around the forms you've made as supports under each part of your bench's design, let dry overnight until completely solid before removing the bracing and molds.
When shopping for deep pour epoxy, make sure you understand what you need for the projects you’re planning to create. We recommend that you order enough epoxy to complete the project in full, and of course, be sure to order the highest quality epoxy from a trusted supplier. One thing you can be sure of when you choose UltraClear Epoxy is that it will get the job done right, the first time. See for yourself, and place an ORDER ONLINE today!
Feel free to contact us today if you have any questions about your order or our products, or call us at 1-800-997-0459.